AUBO Robotics developed a new generation of light-weight collaborative robots. The company originates from a university spin-off by several experts in the robotics field. AUBO Robotics has R&D centers located in the United States and Beijing with distributors worldwide. AUBO Robotics holds several core patents, industrial solutions, and strategic cooperation with several public companies.
This robot arm was specially designed with important functions from the start, combining state of the art technology with user friendliness to make this collaborative robot (Co-bot). The open source architecture called open unit robot (OUR) enables the robot operating system (ROS) to be supported though API for industrial, research and academia use. AUBO-i5 robot uses the Canbus network to communicate between harmonic drives this offers un-parallel versatility to configure this robot from 3 to 7 DOF. This modular design also enables you to alter the link length between joints to fit custom applications. Low cost of ownership and high positional repeatability are some of the other criteria that makes up the outstanding features of this robot.
The AUBO-i5 is a six axis, 5 Kg payload collaborative robot with 924 mm reach. This is an industrial robot made for human centric agile manufacturing. AUBO i5 not only works next to humans but can work with them. That means that training the robot is intuitive, and can be done by workers on the line (no programing skills needed). Fast re-deployment or reconfiguring production lines can be accomplished in most industrial applications making this robot very versatile.
Here are some of the advantages of having a collaborative robot in your facility:
- Efficient: Fast speed can improve the production capacity, and compensate for the loss caused by manual labor;
- Precision: Accuracy can reduce the production cost and increase the profit margins;
- Convenient: Small footprint and lightweight exterior allows plants to implement into existing machinery and floor space.
- Easy operation: The robot provides a simple operating system without writing code, so that the workers can quickly deploy and application task on hand.
- Safety: The above characteristics lay the foundation for the safety of the AUBO robot, and force feedback system provides the reliable security for the man-machine cooperation;
- Price: Several patents and hi-tech manufacturing, achieved the cost advantage.
Robotic automation is no longer out of range for small to midsize companies. The fast return on investment, feature rich, user friendly setup to get this robot up and running in a real production environment without programming skills through drag to teach motion planning (inverse kinematics) is ideal for most high mix or small batch applications. We look forward to helping companies make use of this new technology and gain competitive advantage in manufacturing environment while removing the dangerous and repetitive task performed by workers today.