AUBO Robotics is looking to hire a permanent Robotics Software Engineer located in Knoxville, TN.
AUBO Robotics is growing! With nearly 200 employees at 3 facilities in North America and China, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple markets, including assembly, logistics, packaging, and more.
Robotics software team needs a versatile Software Engineer who is excited to work with industrial collaborative robots. You will work with Controls, UI and Robotics engineers to design and implement our next generation robot infrastructure.
- Work on our software, Motor Controller, Robot server, Embedded interface, Motion Planner, I/O, and our VM Engine interface.
- Work with project leadership to improve and extend our core software architecture.
- Extend our support for communications with external devices and other robots.
- Integrate the next generation of robot hardware designs.
- Debug and maintain our existing code base.
- Investigate customer problems.
- Mostly C++ in an Ubuntu Linux based with some JSON and ROS environment.
- Experience with client-server based architecture.
- Tools include git, JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience with virtualization technologies, e.g., VMWare, VirtualBox, QEMU
- An understanding of cybersecurity principles and best-practices of Ubuntu
- Understand high-level industry vertical requirements and create actionable API functionality, path planning API functions, calls, and joint commands, ie IK
- Write, release, and manage Software Development Kits (SDK)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional C++ skills.
- Experience with real-time coding, debugging CAN-bus protocol.
- Solid background in developing production code
- A commitment to code quality and good software engineering practices
- Ability to manage priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- B.S, MS preferred in Computer Science or a related field
Preference to Candidates with:
- Linux experience using six-axis robots.
- Experience with the full product life-cycle, working in small, agile, cross-functional teams
- Industrial automation, especially Industrial Ethernet.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, send resume, a portfolio of your work to email@example.com
AUBO Robotics is in Knoxville, TN; no relocation assistance will be provided.
No third-party agents; only direct applicants will be considered.
AUBO Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are an E-Verify Employer.